Thread: Cyclone design Calculation

1. Cyclone design Calculation

Hi ,
    I would like to know design procedure/ calculations for cyclone to be used in pneumatic conveying system.

Best Regards,
    Amit Barawkar
    amitbarawkar@yahoo.co.in

Teus Tuinenburg

Professional Experience 54 Years / 11 Month Teus Tuinenburg has 54 Years and 11 Month professional experience

Discussions 218 Teus Tuinenburg acceded to 218 discussions, Publications 0 Teus Tuinenburg Tuinenburg released 0 publications

Know-How Conveying (1488) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1488 times, Pneumatic Conveying (1278) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1278 times, Pneumatic (571) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 571 times

Dear Mr. Amit Barawkar,

Design calculations for a pneumatic conveying system is the overall, main calculation.

A pneumatic design calculation comprises the summation of all partial pressure drops of the pneumatic conveying physics and the additional pressure drops s.a. clean piping, silencers, diameter transitions and filters or cyclones.
    The ambient conditions need to be accounted for as well as the occurring heat exchanges.
    Also, the compressor type plays a significant role and needs to be considered differently in a vacuum system and a pressure system.

The calculated pressure drop must be consistent with the set pressure drop and the assumed capacity. This requires an iterating calculation algorithm.

Shepherd and Lapple (1939-1940) developed a series of cyclones, whereby the dimensions are related to the cyclone body diameter.
    The cyclone pressure drop is part of the summation of the various pressure drops.

The answer to your one-line question is the knowledge, published and researched in many books, articles and thesis’s.

Best regards
    Teus

3. Quote Originally Posted by abarawkaramitbarawkar View Post
    Hi ,
    I would like to know design procedure/ calculations for cyclone to be used in pneumatic conveying system.

Best Regards,
    Amit Barawkar
    amitbarawkar@yahoo.co.in
    I almost forgot to mention my software and my text, which offers some practically important hints on the design and possibility of the calculation. It can be found at the following link, that leads to Google Drive. From there you can download as zip file all programs as well as documents in English and German together.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lRmVXlhR1dabFk

Manfred Heyde

thomaslamotte Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by abarawkaramitbarawkar View Post
    Hi ,

Best Regards,
    Amit Barawkar
    amitbarawkar@yahoo.co.in
    Hello,

This website page will give may give you some insights on cyclones by showing one of the methods for calculations, from standard geometries : https://powderprocess.net/Equipments...ne_Design.html

It looks like there is also a basic calculation tool linked to the page.