Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Vibratory Feeder Spring Installation

  1. Vibratory Feeder Spring Installation

    As I know only compression springs applied for vibrating feeders and screens.
    Recently I have seen a model of a feeder in Internet which include springs on top of feeder as attached file.

    As the spring should support feeder and it should be in compression mode, I think this installation can not be true, isn't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feeder spring.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	36560  

  2. #2
    Ziggy Gregory

    Ziggy Gregory, M.Sc.

    Engineer

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    Professional Experience 8 Years / 2 Month Ziggy Gregory has 8 Years and 2 Month professional experience

    Discussions 46 Ziggy Gregory acceded to 46 discussions, Publications 0 Ziggy Gregory Gregory released 0 publications

    Know-How Design (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Screens (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Feeders (50) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 50 times

    Quote Originally Posted by mohandes View Post
    As I know only compression springs applied for vibrating feeders and screens.
    Recently I have seen a model of a feeder in Internet which include springs on top of feeder as attached file.

    As the spring should support feeder and it should be in compression mode, I think this installation can not be true, isn't it?

    It is not shown correctly but in this case the springs are suspended in "lanterns" and they work in compression.
    Ziggy Gregory
    www.vibfem.com.au

  3. Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    It is not shown correctly but in this case the springs are suspended in "lanterns" and they work in compression.
    yes, I know the suspended feeder as below photo.
    However in the hanged or suspended feeders, you can use only one spring in each corner, is n't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanged feeder.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	36578  

  4. #4
    Ziggy Gregory

    Ziggy Gregory, M.Sc.

    Engineer

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    Professional Experience 8 Years / 2 Month Ziggy Gregory has 8 Years and 2 Month professional experience

    Discussions 46 Ziggy Gregory acceded to 46 discussions, Publications 0 Ziggy Gregory Gregory released 0 publications

    Know-How Design (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Screens (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Feeders (50) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 50 times

    Quote Originally Posted by mohandes View Post
    yes, I know the suspended feeder as below photo.
    However in the hanged or suspended feeders, you can use only one spring in each corner, is n't it?
    No
    You can install as many springs as you want - either intermediate bracket or redesign a lantern to take several springs.

    Regards
    Ziggy Gregory
    Ziggy Gregory
    www.vibfem.com.au

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    No
    You can install as many springs as you want - either intermediate bracket or redesign a lantern to take several springs.

    Regards
    Ziggy Gregory
    Have you ever seen several hanged springs in one point?
    would you please send me a photo or reference.

  6. #6
    Ziggy Gregory

    Ziggy Gregory, M.Sc.

    Engineer

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    VIBFEM Pty. Ltd.

    Professional Experience 8 Years / 2 Month Ziggy Gregory has 8 Years and 2 Month professional experience

    Discussions 46 Ziggy Gregory acceded to 46 discussions, Publications 0 Ziggy Gregory Gregory released 0 publications

    Know-How Design (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Screens (97) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 97 times, Feeders (50) Ziggy Gregory used this tag 50 times

    Quote Originally Posted by mohandes View Post
    Have you ever seen several hanged springs in one point?
    would you please send me a photo or reference.
    the answer is no but can't see the problem - the lantern/springs arrangement will be heavy.

    Regards
    Ziggy Gregory
    www.vibfem.com.au
    Ziggy Gregory
    www.vibfem.com.au

Similar Threads

  1. Position of Spring to Support a Vibrating Grizzly Feeder
    By stud1 in forum Screening & Feeding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11th June 2015, 8:56
  2. Selection of Coil Spring for Vibratory Screen
    By chrome in forum Screening & Feeding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th August 2012, 8:03
  3. Feeder for Spring Washers
    By Author in forum New Products, New Orders
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th June 2010, 20:30
  4. Who Knows this Kind of Vibratory Feeder?
    By ljonline in forum Screening & Feeding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd March 2009, 16:29
  5. Apron Feeder Chain Installation
    By mickrogers001 in forum Mechanical Conveying
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th November 2007, 19:16

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO