Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5000 tph Pipe Conveyor for Potash

Lawrence K. Nordell

Lawrence K. Nordell

President and CEO

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Professional Experience 59 Years / 6 Month Lawrence K. Nordell has 59 Years and 6 Month professional experience

Discussions 2622 Lawrence K. Nordell acceded to 2622 discussions, Articles 0 Lawrence K. Nordell wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Lawrence K. Nordell Nordell released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Design (1524) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 1524 times, Pipe Conveyor (239) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 239 times, Chutes (119) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 119 times

Pipe Conveyor & Triangular Gantry Restriction ??

Dear Phi,

Why does the pipe size restrict the triangular gantry size??
    Lawrence Nordell
    Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.

website, email & phone contacts:
    www.conveyor-dynamics.com
    nordell@conveyor-dynamics.com
    phone: USA 360-671-2200
    fax: USA 360-671-8450

cimmuk Guest
    we can supply such type of pipe conveyor.

Thanks,
    BillTian

LMM GROUP Co., Ltd.
    LMMGROUPCOLTD@gmail.com

Trouble in a pipe belt

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your replies i go through ,of various questions put in the forum.
    I aleays find your reply hits the target first,then explaining the issues, it makes me very interesting, though hard to go in depth sometimes.

I had a question about an observation. Textile pipe belt, I.D.-550 mm, EP 1500/5 , cover rubber-6/4, FR. The problem is : Power consumption was very high much more than the calculated value (~150%), powder like cover rubber is coming out of the bottom rubber like dust very fast. Customer finds the belt very stiff and heavey, hence claiming to replace. What are the most plausible reasons for this?

Regards,
    asok ghosh
    India.

4. Hello,

Regarding mentioned pipe conveyor application for Potash, my views about capacity range are same as per earlier reply by Mr. Nordell.

Ishwar G. Mulani
    Author of Book: ‘Engineering Science And Application Design For Belt Conveyors’. Conveyor design basis is ISO (thereby book is helpful to design conveyors as per national standards of most of the countries across world). New print Nov., 2012.
    Author of Book: ‘Belt Feeder Design And Hopper Bin Silo’
    Advisor / Consultant for Bulk Material Handling
    System & Issues.
    Pune, India. Tel.: 0091 (0)20 25871916
    Email: conveyor.ishwar.mulani@gmail.com

Lawrence K. Nordell

Lawrence K. Nordell

President and CEO

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Professional Experience 59 Years / 6 Month Lawrence K. Nordell has 59 Years and 6 Month professional experience

Discussions 2622 Lawrence K. Nordell acceded to 2622 discussions, Articles 0 Lawrence K. Nordell wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Lawrence K. Nordell Nordell released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Design (1524) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 1524 times, Pipe Conveyor (239) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 239 times, Chutes (119) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 119 times

Pipe Conveyor Record Length @ 17 km

Quote Originally Posted by I G Mulani View Post
    Hello,

Regarding mentioned pipe conveyor application for Potash, my views about capacity range are same as per earlier reply by Mr. Nordell.

Ishwar G. Mulani
    Author of Book: ‘Engineering Science And Application Design For Belt Conveyors’. Conveyor design basis is ISO (thereby book is helpful to design conveyors as per national standards of most of the countries across world). New print Nov., 2012.
    Author of Book: ‘Belt Feeder Design And Hopper Bin Silo’
    Advisor / Consultant for Bulk Material Handling
    System & Issues.
    Pune, India. Tel.: 0091 (0)20 25871916
    Email: conveyor.ishwar.mulani@gmail.com

Dear Ishwar and Friends,

About 2 years ago we designed the world's longest single flight pipe conveyor at 17 km. This more than doubles the old posted 8 km length. It has since been running without incident.

New standards of design allow new hybrid methods to take advantage of modern technology where standard trough and pipe configurations co-exist along/within the same conveyor where sharp turns are necessary, but, which also utilize standard trough assy. to minimize power consumption and belt strength. There are other advancements that take advantage of fewer pipe rollers ( 4 and 5 roller assy.). Other modern features include extended idler spacing.

New testing regimes and finite element analysis provide confidence to extend the science to new records. New steel cord arrangements control pipe twisting as per our patent. We see no limit to length with the use of booster drive technology. Double Arrow has built a test assy. to evaluate the pipe diameter to 800 mm at their china factory. Bi-directional pipe conveyors have also been put into service.
    Lawrence Nordell
    Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.

website, email & phone contacts:
    www.conveyor-dynamics.com
    nordell@conveyor-dynamics.com
    phone: USA 360-671-2200
    fax: USA 360-671-8450

6. Sandwich belt high angle conveyor

Quote Originally Posted by ash_bhatnagar View Post
    I am looking for the possibility of a pipe conveyor handling potash( BD 1.2t/m3) @ 5000 tph design capacity.
    I would request the forum to guide me on the following:

1.Is it possible to design/ size for this capacity?
    2.The max speed we can go for pipe conveyor
    3.The max diameter we can go for pipe conveyor.
    4.Is there any reference available for similar installation?
    5.Would it be cheaper / expensive when compared to trough conveyor with fully enclosed gallery.

Regards
    Have you considered a Sandwich belt high angle conveyor? I am happy to send you information and prepare a budget quote.
    Amy Duncan
    Marketing Manager, Dos Santos International, LLC
    aduncan@dossantosintl.com
    www.dossantosintl.com

Smile Mind Your Heads

Germans say the devil hides in detail. It also seems he finds pipe conveyors a good hiding place.

"We have done extensive work with the conveyor structure and specifically the triangular gantry and maintenance trolley.
    The triangular gantry is now the preferred structure in India, being requested for most applications where the environment, safety, fire prevention and land sterilization are considered.
    " This one takes a bit of explaining: why not all applications where..... if it so good?

"Why does the pipe size restrict the triangular gantry size??" Where would you make room for the fancy maintenance trolley?

"We do not double circumnavigate." Are we talking about a pipe belt or this thread?

Pipe conveying is a folly: one of Hirohito's revenges.
    John Gateley
    johngateley@hotmail.com
    www.the-credible-bulk.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12