Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: Design Calculations for Pneumatic Conveying

kiranvarghese Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amrit agarwal View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dear kiran varghese,

you can get a copy of my article on these design calculations. Just email your request to:

polypcc@aol.com

amrit agarwal
    consulting engineer
    pneumatic conveying consulting

i already mailed you sir

thanks in advance

kiranvarghese Guest

About the calculation

hi guys i tried to make Mr Amrit paper into Excel calculation and all expect the solids accelaration values are not getting the same.

in order to calculate the solids acc the equa used is wxVp/4640

w=solids line loading (lbs/sec.ft2)
    vp is particle velocity (ft/sec)

but in page no 21 3.4.1

its written
    In the same way enter the solids acceleration formula,
    W·Vp/4640, in Cell #C2. For W, enter #C3 and for Vp enter #B10
    from worksheet 1. Excel will enter the result in Cell #C2.

and here in worksheet 2 vp is b11 and w is b3

Inorder to calculate the value of W i mulktiplied 10000 lbs/hr with 3600 into sec and divided with the area of pipe

solids acc in worksheet 3 c2 got as same but for c3 am gettinf different value can anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
    kiran varghese

3. Quote Originally Posted by kiranvarghese View Post
    hi guys i tried to make Mr Amrit paper into Excel calculation and all expect the solids accelaration values are not getting the same.

in order to calculate the solids acc the equa used is wxVp/4640

w=solids line loading (lbs/sec.ft2)
    vp is particle velocity (ft/sec)

but in page no 21 3.4.1

its written
    In the same way enter the solids acceleration formula,
    W·Vp/4640, in Cell #C2. For W, enter #C3 and for Vp enter #B10
    from worksheet 1. Excel will enter the result in Cell #C2.

and here in worksheet 2 vp is b11 and w is b3

Inorder to calculate the value of W i mulktiplied 10000 lbs/hr with 3600 into sec and divided with the area of pipe

solids acc in worksheet 3 c2 got as same but for c3 am gettinf different value can anyone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance
    kiran varghese
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

Dear Kiran,

To calculate pressure drop due to solids acceleration in the first section of the conveying line after the pick-up point, please use zero ft/sec as the solids starting velocity. This is because the solids are at rest at the feed point.

Regards,

Amrit Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer
    Pneumatic Conveying Consulting
    Email: polypcc@aol.com

Teus Tuinenburg

Professional Experience 53 Years / 10 Month Teus Tuinenburg has 53 Years and 10 Month professional experience

Discussions 1937 Teus Tuinenburg acceded to 1937 discussions, Articles 0 Teus Tuinenburg wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Teus Tuinenburg Tuinenburg released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Conveying (1469) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1469 times, Pneumatic Conveying (1267) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1267 times, Pneumatic (562) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 562 times

Dear kiran,

Welcome to the world of pneumatic conveying.

Take care
    Teus

kiranvarghese Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Teus Tuinenburg View Post
    Dear kiran,

Welcome to the world of pneumatic conveying.

Take care

Thanks Teus trying starting to learn from the basics expecting more of your support .

kiranvarghese Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit Agarwal View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

Dear Kiran,

To calculate pressure drop due to solids acceleration in the first section of the conveying line after the pick-up point, please use zero ft/sec as the solids starting velocity. This is because the solids are at rest at the feed point.

Regards,

Amrit Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer
    Pneumatic Conveying Consulting
    Email: polypcc@aol.com

Dear Amrit

first of all a big thanks to your reply and for sharing your research paper . Still i have some question please correct me if am wrong.

Is the final answer 7.55 psi or any change in that?
    while calculating the solids acce the only variable is the outlet velocity in the equation and for the section number 10 i used outlet gas velocity of 78.63 (O10) which am getting is different value from yours.Can ypu please help me to sort this out?

Thanks in advance
    kiran varghese

Teus Tuinenburg

Professional Experience 53 Years / 10 Month Teus Tuinenburg has 53 Years and 10 Month professional experience

Discussions 1937 Teus Tuinenburg acceded to 1937 discussions, Articles 0 Teus Tuinenburg wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Teus Tuinenburg Tuinenburg released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Conveying (1469) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1469 times, Pneumatic Conveying (1267) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 1267 times, Pneumatic (562) Teus Tuinenburg used this tag 562 times

Dear Kiran,

Thanks Teus trying starting to learn from the basics expecting more of your support .
    The basics of pneumatic conveying are simple.
    The internal energy (gas temperature) of the compressed gas is used to accelerate and convey material.
    The energy transfer from gas to particle takes place by exchanging impulse.

Calculating the energy balance of pneumatic conveying is far more complicated and requires knowledge of the involved physics (Newton laws, gas theory, thermo-dynamics, conservation of energy, compressor technology, filter technology, feeder systems, flow behavior of bulk goods, etc.)

Figuring out all the relevant formulas and bringing those together in a working iterative, user friendly, computer algorithm has proven to be a very difficult task.
    This task took me many years of studying, mathematics, programming and testing installations.

That part is what I meant with Welcome to the world of pneumatic conveying..

Take care
    Teus

hosseinrahmanian Guest
    Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Would you please send me a copy of this paper to my e- mail?

Sincerely Yours,

Hossein

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283