Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic Conveying Papers

New Articles

My article "Product Quality in Pneumatic Conveying was published in Chemical Engineering in its November 2004 issue.

My article "Design Guide for Dust Collectors" was published in Chemical Engineering's February 2005 issue.

My article "Improving Rotary Valve Performance" is being published in the March 2005 issue of Chemical Engineering.

Let me know if you need copies.

Regards,

A. T. Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer
    Pneumatic Conveying Consulting
    Email: polypcc@aol.com
    Ph and Fax: 304 346 5125

Calculations

Dear Carlos,

You can certainly use the equations and my Excel-based calculation procedure to optimize the design of your pneumatic conveying system and to save energy. If you have any problem using this method, you may send me an email asking my help.

Regards,

Amrit T. Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer
    Pneumatic Conveying Consulting LLC

jack hilbert Guest
    Carlos

The question you posted didn't have to do with optimizing your pneumatic system -- you already stated that the air pressure from the 8 bar compressor was to be throttled back to 4 bar for conveying purposes.

There is no need to make a detailed calculation, your intuition was correct that it does not make sense to expend the energy to pressure the air to 8 bar, only to use it at 4 bar.

A properly sized compressor the conditions you need will be more cost effective in the long term.

Regards

Conveying Pressure in Pneumatic Conveying

Dear Carlos,

I respectfully disagree with Mr. Jack Hilbert that lowering the compressor pressure to 4 bars will be the right thing to do to minimize energy use. We all know that pressure drop in pneumatic conveying lines does not depend upon the compressor pressure. This pressure drop should be calculated based on your operating conditions and conveying system design. Only after that you will know the discharge pressure at which the compressor should run at.

Regards,

Amrit T. Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer

Lowering the compressure set point...

I can't low the pressure, because the compressor delivers ait to other uses that need air at 8 bar, like pneumatic valves and pistons.

Mr. Amrit, I read your article many times, but I'm not sure about use it to DENSE PHASE CALCULATIONS, because in the title says that is for DILUTE PHASE... Mr. Amrit, I was closing the pressure reducter valve from 8 to 0,8 bar, and the system works very good. I think that positive displacement blowers could be a good choice for this aplication.

I'll be attempt for your comments.

Carlos Aguirre
    Energy Saving Engineer
    BIOFILM S.A.
    Colombia

John Clarkson Guest

Theory and design of dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems

Amrit

Many thanks for the copy of your article "Theory and design of dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems"

The article simplifies what can be a difficult subject to understand

I look forward reading your other articles on pneumatic conveying and dust collection

Regards

John Clarkson

Theory, Design, and Calculations for Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems

Dear Carlos,

This article (Theory and Design of Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems) is for dilute phase calculations only. My article on dense phase calculations will be published in the near future. After its publication, I will be glad to send a copy to you.

Since your conveying system is running in dilute phase mode, you don't need the dense phase article.

If the pressure indicator just upstream of the solids' feed point shows 0.8 bar at the design solids conveying rate, in that case, you could surely use a Roots type blower. These blowers are good for 1 bar pressure.

Using this blower instead of the 8 bar compressor will save you sufficient energy to justify its cost. But you may like to run cost/benefit calculations to make sure.

Regards,

Amrit T. Agarwal
    Consulting Engineer

mall Guest
    dear amrit

may i have the calculation sheet

my email

inggiih@yahoo.com

tq

Sea bulk container for PTA

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Many thanks for your article about "Theory and Design of Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems". It is very useful for me to size the dilute phase conveying pipes.
    I am also really looking forward for the publication of your article about dense phase conveying. Because my company want to setup a sea bulk container loading unit for PTA.

Regards

J.K.Yu

10. i think it is a good choice to using a air buffer tank if everyone want dense phase conveying, and also i think the pressure of air buffer tank is not less than 6bar, from my test , i think the low pressure of air buffer tank can not lower the airflow of transport. and it is difficult to get a dense conveying calculation formula, also experiences is very important.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast