Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conveyor Belt Monitoring System

Conveyor belt monitoring system

Hi,
    I want to know about the actual principle(Physics formulas) for monitoring condition of Conveyor belt ".Can anybody tell me from where will i get this information.
    Thanks

2. Dear Shri Devendra,

We are not clear about your question. Kindly clarify the meaning of the term monitoring condition of conveyor.

Regards,
    Ishwar G Mulani.
    Author of Book : Engineering Science and Application Design for Belt Conveyor.
    Email : parimul@pn2.vsnl.net.in
    Tel.: 0091 (0)20 5882916

Lawrence K. Nordell

Lawrence K. Nordell

President and CEO

Conveyor Dynamics Inc. [eDir]

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Professional Experience 58 Years / 8 Month Lawrence K. Nordell has 58 Years and 8 Month professional experience

Discussions 2608 Lawrence K. Nordell acceded to 2608 discussions, Articles 0 Lawrence K. Nordell wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Lawrence K. Nordell Nordell released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Design (1521) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 1521 times, Pipe Conveyor (238) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 238 times, Chutes (119) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 119 times

If you are interested in steel cord condition monitoring, try the best in the business:

Canada Conveyor Belt's article on-line:

Scanning Steel Cord Conveyor Belts

With the "BELT C.A.T." MDR System

http://www.conveyorbelttech.com/beltcatoverview.html

Lawrence Nordell
    Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.
    www.conveyor-dynamics.com

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    Actually I want to know how to detect "losses of reinforcing and broken cords" inside a "Steel Cord Conveyor Belt" using magnetic flux based inspection when belt is running at normal speed.

I studied "BELT C.A.T." MDR System(http://www.conveyorbelttech.com/beltcatoverview.html), which is quite good but it did not give any information about underlying physics formulas and principle which I needed. So please help me.

Lawrence K. Nordell

Lawrence K. Nordell

President and CEO

Conveyor Dynamics Inc. [eDir]

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Professional Experience 58 Years / 8 Month Lawrence K. Nordell has 58 Years and 8 Month professional experience

Discussions 2608 Lawrence K. Nordell acceded to 2608 discussions, Articles 0 Lawrence K. Nordell wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Lawrence K. Nordell Nordell released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Design (1521) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 1521 times, Pipe Conveyor (238) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 238 times, Chutes (119) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 119 times

You have, I believe, 9 patents that describe the process, all the books on the underlying physics, and you scholastic aptitude.

This forum is to inform without abridging the rights of others. I certainly hope this is also your standard.

Lawrence Nordell
    Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.

Hi,
    I am M. Tech.(Computer Science) final year student. This is my project assignment to develop a software for monitoring condition of Conveyor belt.
    Is there any hardware system which monitors conveyor belt and gives digital data so that I can analyze it by using my software.
    Please help.

Peter Thorpe - CBM Services, Australia Guest

CBM Services

Hi,

How did the final report go?

CBM has conducted Condition Monitoring on steel cord and fabric belts since the 80's www.thegulfgroup.com.au
    If you would like further information on the process and applications I would be happy to talk to you.
    61 2 94821866
    Regards,
    Peter Thorpe
    Business Developement
    CBM

Gabriel Lodewijks Guest
    devendraC,

You may contact Fenner Vulcanisers for more information. They have the right equipment and asking never hurts. So please try:

james.warbrick@fennerdunlop.com

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Prof.dr.ir. Gabriel Lodewijks

michael_youssef Guest
    Last edited by michael_youssef; 27th October 2004 at 17:43.

10. Belt Monitoring

We manufacture a wireless ethernet camera imaging system which monitors the wear,tracking and volume flow on conveyor belts. It uses a CCD ethenet net imaging camera which send the image to a wireless hub and inot the user computer to monitor the conveyor . The software determines tracking location , wear an tears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast