Thread: What Software can be used to Simulate the Flow of Coal?

1. What software can be used to simulate the flowing of coal?

What sofware can be used to simulate the flowing of the coal in a muti-slope chute? In order to minimize the disruption of the lump coal, I design the multi-slope chute installed on the pisition where the head pulley of a conveyer discharging the coal. You know adjusting the slope of the chute can control the flowing speed of the coal, but I found it was difficult to calculate the speed of the coal transporting inside the chute of several slopes, could you help me?

Best regards,

Zhang

Lawrence K. Nordell

Lawrence K. Nordell

President and CEO

Conveyor Dynamics Inc. [eDir]

Conveyor Dynamics Inc.

Professional Experience 57 Years / 11 Month Lawrence K. Nordell has 57 Years and 11 Month professional experience

Discussions 2608 Lawrence K. Nordell acceded to 2608 discussions, Articles 0 Lawrence K. Nordell wrote 0 articles, Publications 0 Lawrence K. Nordell Nordell released 0 publications

Searching nothing specified

Know-How Design (1521) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 1521 times, Pipe Conveyor (238) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 238 times, Chutes (119) Lawrence K. Nordell used this tag 119 times

ZXM:

Conveyor Dynamics, Inc. (CDI) does have software that predicts: a) product flow dynamics including motion and collision physics
    b) belt wear
    c) liner wear
    d) product breakage (see item e. below)
    e) fugitive dust generated within chutes or other vessels, when loading or unloading, such as: bins, bunkers, truck, train, ship .....

See our website with publications about the same and for illustrations of examples @:
    www.conveyor-dynamics.com
    email: nordell@conveyor-dynamics.com

Lawrence Nordell
    President
    Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.

3. The flow of materials such as coal in transfer chutes can be simulated by physical modelling methods. To do this, scale models of the chutes are constructed and a test ore is run through. Flow behaviour can be seen directly. This technique has been in successful use for a decade in Australia . See my website for details.